NJTREC Conference 2023
Registrations & Vendors
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Lucien’s Manor, Berlin NJ
7:45 AM to 4:30 PM
Speaker: Renee Mallett, Esq., MSN, RN
BIO: Ms. Renee Mallett, is a healthcare attorney. Ms. Mallett received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from The Ohio University, and her Law Degree and Master of Science in Nursing from Capital University in Columbus, Ohio. She has worked for a health system as legal counsel and VP of Quality Improvement, where she led the system’s patient safety, risk management and quality improvement initiatives. Ms. Mallett has spent over seven years at Abbott Nutrition in the Medical Safety and Surveillance Department.
From 2003 to 2011, Ms. Mallett worked at The Ohio State University, where she was an adjunct assistant professor, a lecturer, and a director of patient safety. While working as legal counsel, Ms. Mallett has assisted in developing policies, procedures, and protocols for victims of human trafficking (sex and labor), domestic/intimate partner violence, child abuse and neglect and sexual assault, violence and rape. These policies, procedures, and protocols were developed for hospital emergency departments, urgent care centers, behavioral health campuses, physician offices, pediatricians, obstetrics/gynecologists, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, counselors, nurse practitioner, nurses and occupational and physical therapists.
Topic: Domestic & Intimate Partner Violence: A Public Health Issue, 3 Hour CE Program; Human Trafficking and Older Adults, 2 Hour CE Program
Additional Conference Details
After completing these continuing education courses, the participant should be able to:
Domestic & Intimate Partner Violence: A Public Health Issue
- Describe all forms of domestic, intimate partner violence.
- Describe the unique challenges victims may face.
- List the physical, emotional, financial and health impact of intimate violence.
- Identify a protocol that encompasses measures in preparing, screening, assessing, intervening, and documenting intimate violence.
- Define what a “Victim Centered Care” is.
- Define a collaborative model that can be established in your community.
- Outline the reporting guidelines for domestic and intimate partner violence.
Human Trafficking & Older Adults
- Define human trafficking, including sex and labor trafficking victims.
- Identify indicators of human trafficking victims you may encounter in clinical and community settings.
- Outline the action that should be taken when observing suspicious activities.
- Define what “Victim Centered Care” is.
- Describe how to locate New Jersey’s state law on Human Trafficking and Elder Abuse.
7:45 – 8:30 A.M Registration, Continental Breakfast, Visit Vendor Tables
8:30 – 9:00 A.M. Welcome and Introductions
9:00 – 10:30 A.M. Renee Mallett, Esq., MSN, RN: Domestic & Intimate Partner Violence
10:30 – 11:00 A.M. Atlas Healthcare, VIP Sponsor / 15-minute break
11:00 – 12:30 P.M. Renee Mallett, Esq., MSN, RN, continued
12:30 – 1:30 P.M. Lunch, Visit Vendor Tables
1:30 – 1:45 P.M. Suncrest Hospice, Lunch Sponsor / Welcome Back Announcements
1:45 – 3:00 P.M. Renee Mallett, Esq., MSN, RN, Human Trafficking & Older Adults
3:00 – 3:15 P.M. 15-minute break
3:15 – 4:00 P.M. Renee Mallett, Esq., MSN, RN, continued
4:00 – 4:30 P.M. Ending Remarks, Raffles Awarded
Registration is open to any industry professional who would like to attend. This year, registration for our annual TREC conference is $50 for TREC members & $75 for non-members. Please make sure that you include your license information at checkout if you are attending to receive CEU credits.
When registering, please confirm your organization’s membership status prior to purchase. Purchasing the wrong registration type may result in the cancellation of your registration, with no re-order option. Contact us at email@example.com to check your organization status.
If your organization is not a member, consider purchasing a membership first.
Special Accommodations? Questions about TREC?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Technical Assistance? Website Questions?
Contact Website Support: Tamer Tewfik,
Credits are given for attendance of complete seminar – no partial credits awarded.