November 13, 2019
Lucian’s Manor, Berlin NJ
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Registration is available for any industry professional who would like to attend. Please make sure that you include your license information at checkout if you are attending to receive CEU credits.
When registering, please confirm your organization’s membership status prior to purchase. Purchasing the wrong registration type may result in cancellation of your registration, with no re-order option. Check our list of current facility members first to see if your organization is listed.
If your organization is not listed, consider purchasing a membership first and then come back and choose the “TREC Member” registration price from the Registration Type dropdown below.
8:00 Registration, Continental Breakfast 8:30 Welcome and Introductions
9:00 Speaker: Jonathan Benz
1:30 Speaker: Beth Ann Swan 3:30 HeartMath: Julia Gandy 4:30 Ending Remarks
5 Hours are pending approval the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB/NCERS) for Nursing Home Administrators and Residential Care/Assisted Living Administrators
5 Continuing Education Ethics Credits have been requested for social workers through NASW-NJ- the CE Approval Collaborative.
The activity has been submitted to the Case Manager Certification Commission (CCMC)* for approval to award 5 contact hours.
* Did you Know CCMC credits are accepted by NJ Board of Nursing? (more info on our website)
Jonathan Benz, M.S., CASAC, ICADC
“Substance Use Disorders and Addictions; Removing the Stigma”
1. Participants will gain an understanding of substance use disorders and addiction recovery and discern their role in it.
2. Participants will be able to explain the stigma and shame that often accompanies those with substance use diagnoses.
3. Participants will be able to articulate person- centered language regarding substance use disorders and addiction.
4. Participants will be able to identify strategies for creating recovery-friendly spaces in their community by employing a more empathetic approach.
Beth Ann Swan, Ph.D., CRNP, FAAN
“Evaluating the Ethical Considerations in Safe Injection Sites”
1. Participants will be able to discuss background related to the current opioid crisis.
2. Participants will be able to describe the pros and cons of safe injection sites.
3. Participants will be able to examine the current evidence related to safe injection sites as harm reduction strategies in addressing overdoses deaths, infection, and community harm.
4. Participants will be able to describe a framework for ethical decision making.
5. Participants will be able to consider and work through three case studies on ethical considerations and safe injection sites.